Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ten Today

The temperature was in the mid-70's F and very humid when I started. It was in the low 80's and very humid when I finished. The goal was to run ten miles at an average 10:00/mi pace unless I felt good enough to turn it into a progression run and speed up in the later miles.

On my back porch, I kept some Gatorade Endurance (more sodium than regular Gatorade) and a wash cloth in an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack in it. Cold is good. That worked well.

The first five miles averaged just under 10:00. After five miles, I felt comfortable enough to speed up. The splits for the last five miles were - 9:44, 9:31, 9:10, 8:53 and 8:40. It was hot, but it wasn't bothering me. That was a fun run!

Pre-run: toast and jam
Post-run: strawberry/banana/pineapple yogurt smoothie and toast
Shoes: Asics Gel Landreth 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I'll post your comment ASAP!