Friday, June 5, 2009

Tina's Tempo Run

I didn't feel very confident about this run - three tempo miles with no rest between the miles.

After a couple of warm up miles, I started the three tempo miles. In the first tempo mile, I tried not to go too fast (8:29 ave.) and in the second tempo mile, I tried not to go too slow (8:12 ave.).

The third tempo mile was really hard to finish. At the .77 or .93 mark of that mile (I just remember sevens were involved), I just stopped running. I stopped my Garmin. A few seconds passed. How could I not finish such a short distance? I started running again and finished the mile. I don't think I would have stopped if I had known my pace for that mile (8:07 ave.).

To come up with a goal for today, I added 30-40 seconds to my last 5K race pace. So I needed 8:15 - 8:25 ave. today. My three tempo miles averaged 8:16. : )

Pre-run: fig newton cookies
Post-run: chocolate milk
Shoes: Mizuno Wave Rider 11
Total Miles Today: 5.25

2 comments:

  1. Good job for finishing = )

    I had a run like that...where I just stopped. I didn't think about stopping or plan on stopping. My body just stopped all by itself and I was actually surprised to find myself not running anymore!

    I think it was about mile 7 of what was supposed to be a 10 mile long run and I'd gotten out late and it was VERY hot out.

    I guess my body just said ENOUGH! I tried to run again after walking some but couldn't. I ended up walking to the next water fountain, drinking lots, then walking to the next fountain, drinking, until I'd made it home.

    It was miserable and I live with this lurking fear that one day it will happen again! So I'm very proud of you for finishing = ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's just what I did. Without thinking about it, I just stopped right where I was in the road.

    I've missed reading your running updates on your blog. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I'll post your comments asap so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. Thanks for keeping them family-friendly and for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...