Saturday, June 27, 2009

Freedom 5K Packet Pick-up

I signed up for the Freedom 5K at Corelli's in Sugar Land. See my free spaghetti and French bread? I ate it all - starving after this morning's five miler, I guess.

A bit of bad race news: the race is not chip-timed like I thought. That means that where you stand at the start is especially important because everyone's time will begin at 7AM no matter what time they cross the start line. (Update: there was a timing mat at the start and the finish after all. Yay!)

If you want to sign up for the race, click on the Freedom 5K '09 link in the sidebar under "Upcoming Race".

Running the Freedom 5K will be a fun way to start the fourth of July - looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I hope you get a cool day (if that's possible in Texas in the summer!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Well, I think the best I can hope for is a cloudy morning. And I'm hoping! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I'll post your comment ASAP!