Tuesday, June 30, 2009

When Treadmills are Good

Last night, my husband and I stood at the front door and watched the lightning in the distant sky while the thunder roared. The wind felt almost cool and it did finally rain just a little last night.

I did thirty minutes of strength training today and went outside for a run. I ran 4 1/2 miles with a 9:58/mi. average. Then came the best part of today's run - the treadmill hillwork. It only lasted a few minutes and the fan was blowing on me full-blast. I felt cool for the first time all day. I did 6 x 10 seconds at 7% incline hills on the treadmill.

Pre-run: Cheerios, banana and milk
Post-run: chocolate malted milk and 1/2 peanut butter/raisin/honey sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!