Saturday Sunrise Run

First thing this morning, I put on some shorts and my 2009 Houston marathon shirt. That's when I came up with my new goal for my next marathon: to finish before they run out of my size in finisher shirts. ; )

So with my new goal in mind (sort of, mostly I was just sleepy), I grabbed my swiss ball and did an abs workout. (Here's my previous Abs with Allyson Felix post about this workout.)

About 25 minutes later, I went outside. I hurried because it was only 76 degrees F and I was hoping to finish before the temperature reached 80, but that never happened. Today I had the treat of running in 76 degrees for the entire 4 mile run. Not only that, but I ran towards a beautiful sunrise complete with a bright orange sun, pink rays and fluffy clouds outlined with the brightest white all below a soft blue sky. What a way to start a day!

Photo: That's not my marathon shirt. This is a reenactment. I had to wait until my photographer woke up. ; )

Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

  1. I soo want one of those balls!!

    76 degrees is perfect running weather. And then the beautiful sunrise... what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the swiss ball with a lot of exercises. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,

    Your picture has inspired me to get out my old swiss ball and start to do more ab work on it. I usually reserve my abs for the end of my cardio classes at the gym, but I used to do them every day. I'm on the verge of losing what little definition I had in the first place, so I'm making a concerted effort to do abs every other day now. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Erin! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the positive comment about my "clothing" reviews..you are too sweet. I did appreciate your marathon t-shirt comment!

    I hope I'm doing those ab workouts on the ball correctly. I did watch the video on the site that you mentioned. It helped but sometimes I need more verbal guidance! Thanks for the picture.

    Also, I made the sweet potato fries again last night and I ate them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg, the ab exercise with the ball, the V-up, is more of a U-up for me - it's hard to keep my back straight. Maybe my U will turn into a V with practice.

    Glad the fries were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina - thanks so much for leaving the comment on my blog. I am so excited that we have made the connection. I am hoping for Boston too. Need that 3:50 also, not sure that it will ever happen, but that is the goal anyway. (hubs says no - he not trying to be ugly, he, being a former running coach, truly believes I do not have the ability to do it - this pushes me harder - probably his plan in disguise) Anyway, you are really close to qualifying. You will do it for sure. Where did you run the 3:54?

    Cami - I read your comment and had to see go to your blog to see where you are from. That is so funny - for me perfect running weather is 50 degrees and below. I live in the wrong area of the country for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginny, I ran the Houston marathon in '08 in 3:54. I'm doing Houston again in January '10.

    It will be fun to follow along with your marathon training, especially knowing we have the same finish time goal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you make your goal of Boston!
    You are so close, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Wendy! I'll keep working towards the goal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up