Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fruit Smoothie

'08 Houston Marathon Mug
Smoothies taste great - especially after a hard workout. I like to make mine the night before I run so that it's ready to drink right after I run. There are a zillion ways to make them, but here's how I usually make mine.

Pour the following ingredients into a blender:

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup whole  milk
1/2 cup any fruit (usually strawberries &/or blueberries)
1/2 banana (I keep a bag of frozen bananas, quartered)
favorite sweetener, to taste (optional)

Calories: approx. 215 (without sweetener)

2 comments:

  1. Just want to tell you how much I love your blog!!!

    And line up WAY closer to the front on Saturday than you think you should and you'll probably still have to run around a couple of walkers!! hahahaha

    Can't wait to hear the race report = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pony! I've had fun with my blog. I miss your blog, but I know you're busy with other stuff.

    I'll take your advice and I'll let you know what happens, if I don't get run over! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it swear-free!