Sweet Potato Fries Recipe

After eating sweet potato fries at a restaurant recently, I wanted to bake my own. These are good! The recipe makes enough for 1 - 2 people.

Ingredients

1 sweet potato (about 1/2 lb.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt

Directions

Peel the sweet potato. Slice potato into round chips or long, thin fries or both, like I did. The chips cooked faster and were crispier.

Place foil on baking pan. Place potato slices on the foil. Brush oil onto potatoes. Flip potatoes over and brush the other side. Sprinkle salt on top. Spread potatoes out on the pan so that they aren't touching each other.

Bake at 425 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes. Using a spatula, flip potatoes over every ten minutes.

6/2/12 Update: I heard Ryan Hall, who loves sweet potatoes, say that it's best to keep the heat down at 350 degrees so you don't lose the nutrients. Instead of olive oil, you can use olive oil spray on the pan and potatoes. Turn over after 20 minutes and bake another 20 minutes for 40 total.

Comments

  1. Thanks, these look delicious. Will have to try them this week sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stomach is rumbling already! Think I'll try these tonight . . . pretty picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, sweet potato fries are my FAVE! I do love the restaurant ones, but more frequently make my own baked ones. I spray them with olive oil spray instead of brushing them, and I bake them a long time (perhaps overbake) so they are very soft in the center, hopefully somewhat crispy (although sweet potatoes tend to stay soggier than white potatoes), and browned to the point of carmelization. I also like to add various seasonings, such as cumin, seasoned salt (or McCormick grinders), cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, fresh rosemary, and I've even done it with cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice. I would make some tonight if I had the energy to turn on the oven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, thanks for the great suggestions! I especially want to try spraying on the olive oil and browning them until their carmelized, too. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up