Rainy Run

I had just started my seventh mile when it started to rain - hard. It cooled me down. I just wished I had worn my hat like I did the last three times I ran. My eyes were bloodshot right after the run. I must have rubbed them too much trying to see the road ahead and watch out for headlights. I ran eight miles today (9:37 ave) with two miles in mostly heavy rain. I liked the rain, but next time, I'll need a hat.

Later I found a good deal at Ross - $23 Nike running pants (down from $65). When the cashier rang them up, she saw the $23 price tag and said, "Too much!" and at the same time, I said, "Good price!" We laughed. I asked if she wanted to lower the price. She laughed again. Oh, well! Still, I don't think she treasures Dri-fit running pants with a zippered pocket large enough for gel and a cell phone in quite the same way that I do!

Bring on the cold weather!

Comments

  1. Wow, you scored on the Nike pants, little did she know how great that deal was!

    Sorry about your eyes, stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a steal!! Thanks for the happy anniversary wishes--hope you had a great weekend :o).

    I'm ready for the cold weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked in my running journal to see when it got cold last year - November 21. Hmmm... Maybe I should put a cold weather countdown in my sidebar. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt