10 1/4 Miles at Houston Memorial Park

I wish you could have seen my legs when I got home after my run this AM. There was a dirt line at my ankles!!! If we had the camera and computers all set up here at home, I would have taken a picture and posted it! Why? I dunno, really! = )

I ran around the three mile dirt path at the park three times and then (Yay!) all I had to do was run home. The ten miles went by quickly. Most people ran the loop clock-wise (I don't know why, but that's how I started out, too) so when I ran it counter-clockwise, I didn't have to pass as many people. : ) This was my third run at the park and I'm starting to recognize people and learn how far apart the water fountains are now.

What a lot of runners there were out there! At one point, I could see 25 people (mostly runners) ahead of me on the path. In my old neighborhood, there were some days when I didn't see anybody else, not even a stray dog. And that was nice, but change is fun. Yes, I'm having fun now!

Comments

  1. Memorial Park is the best in Houston -much better than Terry Hershey! So awesome that you live so close to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are getting settled in and enjoying your new route(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new home! I hope you get unpacked and settled in quickly!

    Thanks for the tip on getting my splits! Can you believe I have had my Garmin for over two years and have never gotten my splits off of it!

    I woud love to live so close to a running trail! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to treat myself every once in a while and drive 45 min. from our old home to run at Terry Hershey park. : )

    I'm sure there are lots of things I never use on my Garmin, too! Maybe one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, sounds like you've found a safe and fun place to run already! I hope you adjust quickly! Thanks for always being so sweet and thank you for the nice words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool! glad you've found a good place to run already. nice job on the 10 miler and hope you find some more good routes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's got to be so nice to not feel so alone. that to me is a nice "security" net! glad you are feeling at home and getting out of boxes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up