9 Miles w/Some Hills

I ran nine miles this morning. After two miles at a tired, slow pace, I tried to pick it up for the next three miles (9:53, 9:50, 8:44). Well, I did get faster - three seconds counts, sort of. ; )

After running five miles, I was tired so I went home, stretched, and jumped on the treadmill for hills! I ran 3 x (300m, 200m, 100m) uphill (6%) at 5mph. Those 300 meters (less than 1/4 mile) were tough! And long!

And then I was even more tired so I got a drink, wiped my face with a towel and then I went outside to finish up my nine mile run! Oh, the things we do for a half marathon PR!

Just in case you ever think to yourself, I wonder if Tina ran today : ) , I usually keep my Training Log in the sidebar up-to-date. Happy running!

Comments

  1. I am glad that I am not the only one that flops back and forth between outside, treadmill, and outside again! You are for sure going to meet your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - you are definitely going to meet your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely going to do it! Keep up the great training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you mix it up. I'd love to have a treadmill but I don't see that in my near future. Keep up the great work, you're doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes i can never make myself run hills on the treadmill! i definitely milk the flatness! very hardcore of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of the encouragement everybody!!!

    Lindsay, I may not really be as hardcore as you think... My only hills are at the mall parking garage and the treadmill is closer! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! your pace just totally impresses me. you are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up