Flexibility

My hopeful goal was to run 9 miles with 4-6 faster miles at an 8:30 pace. After running four miles, I changed the plan to: just run faster than I would on an easy recovery run. : 0

My whole body was tired and hot. My stomach felt heavy - bloated, maybe. My Gatorade was too sweet, even though it's usually okay. I told myself, just move my legs and the rest of me will follow. It was true. ; )

It was only 72 - 77*. That's warm, but not too bad unless you're me running 9 miles. At least I finished the 9 miles (9:34 pace) and best of all, I didn't have to stop running and slowly walk home.

Pre-run: Cheerios, banana, milk
Post-run: chocolate milk

Comments

  1. Yeah, you didn't have to stop and walk, that's good! Did the Cheerio's cause the bloating or just an off day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I knew! Maybe I was just too hot and that made me sick to my stomach. I know it wasn't really that hot, but it felt hot to me. ; ) Probably just an off day. Tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate milk post run?! I thought having a Slurpee post run was bad...you have me beat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. shake it off. we all have days like this! at least you were flexible with yourself instead of potentially pushing your body over the edge, or just plain quitting the run. you did still run 9 miles and that counts for a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Half the battle is in our heads, huh!!!?
    Way to go! I'm sure the humidity was a little factor too. I had a run like that tonight - just had to put one foot in front of the other and keep on. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all this advice about chocolate milk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! I think choc. milk is a great post-run drink. If I do a hard run, I don't usually feel like eating anything, but I can always drink something.

    Good for you and tastes good, too. Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up