Another Armadillo

I headed towards my usual running trail at the park and spotted an armadillo coming out of the woods. It ignored me and crossed the street where a patient driver slowed to a stop and let it pass. Armadillos are funny looking animals. This is my second sighting since we moved into a house a few blocks away from Memorial Park in Houston.

A few days ago I walked into the same woods that I saw the armadillo leaving and took a picture of this berry plant with clusters of purple berries - a black nightshade, I think. This is the first time I've seen this pretty, but poisonous plant.

I ran an easy 4 1/4 mile run this morning - conserving energy for that half this weekend.

Comments

  1. I love those little surprises that I encounter on my runs, you never know what you're going to see! In contrast to your armadillo, I saw a school of dolphin on Thursday and it's been a while since I've seen that.Yes, rest your legs for Houston, I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so exciting!

    This is one of the fun things about blogging - finding out what it's like to live and run in other places.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Armadillos and dolphins?! I'm not so fortunate living in central Connecticut. Let's see, I spy birds, rabbits, an occasional snake. My most exciting sightings have been deer. Not nearly as exciting as your armadillo. Sigh...Good luck in the half marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a Moma and baby deer in my yard this morning, not while running. On my later morning run, only barking dogs, thankfully, no biters.

    Hope you have a great race this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Armadillos and Dolphins - how neat. We get lots of deer sightings, foxes, an occasional coyote. We had a night prowler in the neighborhood a few months ago - a bear - but I didn't get to see it. I love seeing all the critters! And the pretty flowers -
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deer are one of my favorite animals that I've seen on a run.

    I'm glad I don't have to worry about bears! (But I still wish I lived in CO!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow an armadillo? I came over to say thank you for stopping by my blog. I am hoping i'll be able to run again, after a torn knee 3 years ago that's never really come back (and the last 4 months on the couch with an unknown virus?)we'll see. Good luck at the half this weekend! We have a beautiful one that runs along the beach (road,not sand) every year here in Santa Barbara, you could combine it with another trip to the Wharf!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up