Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's Cooler!

Yesterday was a great running day! It was only sixty-seven degrees and it was a speedwork day. After a 1.5 mile warm-up, I ran a mile four times with four minute rests (get a drink of water and run easy) in between. My goal was 8:09/miles and I ran them in 8:00 - 8:08. I tried to memorize the feeling of running at that pace - my goal pace for the half marathon.

Of course, racing is going to be a little easier. Everyone else will be running their fastest. I'll try to be fast, too! The people who stand along the road and cheer will push me forward. I will listen to all of their encouraging words. And I'll believe them!

I ran 4.5 miles today. There were lots of people out there enjoying the cool 58*. Lots of cheerful smiles and hellos today. : )

Photo: After my run at Memorial Park yesterday, I went back with my camera to take pictures along my running route. There were a handful of butterflies there fluttering around these flowers.

8 comments:

  1. 7 days - very exciting. You have been training so hard. I hope the weather is nice next weekend. Nice repeats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! delete that other one. it's me. just know i will be cheering for you BIG TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, glad to see you're feeling well enough to comment. Get well! It's probably about time for you to run another marathon!

    Kate, I thought I had a new commenter - always fun!!! Thanks for the cheers!

    Of course, 'repeat commenters' are much appeciated, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your 1/2 goes great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat picture, the spots on the butterfly are gorgeous!
    So is your outfit clean and ready? Fueling plan? I'll be at mile 6 cheering for you(in spirit only)!
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would give anything for 60 degree weather right now! Although today I think we almost hit 50 and it was a perfect day for a run. I hope your race goes well!!! I am trying really hard to stick with it through the winter and hopefully I can train again for a 1/2 marathon next year...and actually run it this time :) Can't wait to hear about your race!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, I can hardly believe you just ran a half marathon after running a marathon last week! You're strong!

    Meg, I've got a fueling plan, but the outfit I'm not so sure about yet... Waiting on the forecast. Stay away hurricane! Go away humidity!

    Rachel, hope you're able to brave the cold and get that 1/2 marked off your to-do list. Congrats on being a new mother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice mile repeats! hope you had a good weekend and are resting up/getting excited for the race!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it swear-free!