Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pre-race Anxiety Remedy

To do away with pre-race nervousness on race morning, do something scarier than running a race. Catch a ride on the back of your husband's speedy motorcycle! (OK, so he says he was going the speed limit, but it felt really fast!)

When we hit the road bumps, my hands were clenched in mortal fear around his waist and the rest of my body was flying through the air. And not with the greatest of ease! Yes, except for my hands, my whole body was hovering over the motorcycle!

And worries about the race? What worries?!

That photo was taken just after I finished running the Houston half marathon last Sunday and it was time to get on the motorcycle again... And I was smiling! It's the challenges! Isn't life fun?! Well, except for the helmet hair!

~Still Recuperating! Kinda Sore!

14 comments:

  1. Hey Tina, love the humor! How about being chased by coyotes during a training run to make all race seem like a walk in the park(see my post).
    No coyotes in the race, then no worries?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chased by coyotes? As in more than one? Wow! That is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the half! I don't know that I would have made it to the start line if I had to ride a motorcycle there. :-s

    You should try NaBloPoMo! It is fun. I've been trying to blog every day for the last couple months and it is easy to do when in training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story makes 1/2 marathon running look like a walk in the part! Motorcycles scare me, I've NEVER ever been on one...so happy you survived and were able to tell about it. Hope your soreness clears up, CUTE picture by the way, running has a way of making us all smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Congrats on your 1/2! I think you are ready for the BQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pic! Glad you made it to and from the race in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me laugh! Helmet hair??? That's what baseball caps are for! :-) And yes, life IS all about fun - fun people and fun memories. Live life, love life!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a rush to ride a motorcycle before the race.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen pictures of the loop that goes out over the canyon and maybe one day I'll go do that. When I go down to the Grand Canyon it will be back packing and hard work. Plus I'm usually hungry because we have to watch the weight we carry. This will be my third time in the canyon but my first time going all the way to the bottom and the Colorado river.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute picture! Your half time is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really enjoy reading your blog! Very funny. Good luck with your training for Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I create my own and ask my coach for feedback. I use Buckeye outdoors to put my schedule in and it emails me each day. Pretty much I'll run 4 days a week with long run, tempo, speed work and goal run. I max out around 40 miles a week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You so so adorable! And so funny! Haven't ridden on the back of a motorcycle in years but trust me - I would be doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it swear-free!