How To Put a Smile On Your Face

Set a goal. Make it doable, but challenging. Mine was to run 20 miles today at a 9:15 pace or better. That's about 30 seconds slower than my goal marathon pace.

Be prepared. I've slowly added miles to my workouts. I was pretty sure that I could run 20.

Eat. I took a tangerine Powerbar gel at miles 5, 10 and 15. I like the taste and this sweaty runner likes that it has 200 mg. of sodium, too. Today's temperature was 60- 70. I drank water every 2-3 miles.

Towards the end, when you know you will accomplish your goal, just try to wipe that smile off your face! : )

Pre-run: cinnamon raisin toast
Post-run: hot chocolate
Average pace: 9:09/mi.

Comments

  1. ITA, make it doable and set yourself up for success!! Sounds like a great run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!! Powerbar gels are the only ones my stomach can tolerate. I like the vanilla! You are well on track to reaching your marathon goal pace in a race. Can't wait to hear how you accomplish it in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great run! What are you training for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm running the Houston marathon on 1/17/10. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't even try to wipe off my smile, especially after 20 miles. Great job Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't even think about not smiling or wiping the smile off your face. You certainly earned it. Now, train hard so I can see you run in Boston. I live in CT and plan on going to watch the Boston Marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great run Tina. 9:09 awesome! I eat cinnamon raisin toast often for my pre-run. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really great! Congratulations! Maybe I should have some cinnamon raisin toast for breakfast...sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina! I love that - set the goal, make it doable. In fact, I just wrote a scheduled post about that for tomorrow. Challenging goals? Yes! Doable? Definitely!!
    I am conitinually inspired by you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice job on the long run and solidly beating your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never wipe a big smile off your face! What an awesome run/time you did - great job!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this advice! You're so positive. Just what I need to hear now! I have one more week of rest and hope to get back into training. Way to go on the 20 miles! Fantastic pace too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job!! I'm all for smiles on your face :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up