20 Mile Run #3


Today I ran my third and last 20 miler of the year. It was a humid 70* - one of those days where you're dreaming of a white Christmas.

I did a progressive run where I sped up the farther I ran, after a nine mile easy-paced warm-up! I did run some easy-paced hills and then there was the speedwork to the upcoming water fountains, though. Too bad I couldn't hit any marathon paced miles (8:47).

My average pace was slower than it was for my other 20 milers by about 25 seconds per mile, coming in at a 9:35/mi average today. The bad news: I wanted to stop running and sit on a park bench. The good news: I never did.

Comments

  1. Great job! I think that pace was good for a humid, 70 degree day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to finish the year strong! I can't imagine 70F right now...my thermometer is reading 17F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. 70 degrees??? I am dreaming of a 70 degree Christmas!!! :-) Sigh #2.
    20 miles the end of December? You go girl! It's great that you made it even though you wanted to stop. Sometimes, though, it's good to sit on the park bench and "smell the roses". Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humidity - urgh! It seems to take it's toll. You finished with a great time considering the conditions. You are soooo ready for Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty warm to be running in. but to me, better than snow (not that I know what that is like).

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have some warmer weather than we do! Glad you didn't sit down to rest this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea for the last 20 of the year! Glad you didn't sit down; teaching yourself to run through the fatigue is the most important part of marathon training!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for you breaking through the physical and mental and not sitting down! Those are the times that make you tough, but you already knew you are one tough gal anyway! Great way to finish up the year Tina! I would gladly trade our white Christmas for your weather=)I guess treadmill running is making me tough too...Hope you have a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up