Christmas Day Geocaching



On Christmas day, my husband and I and two of our friends went on a treasure hunting hike in Memorial Park - we went geocaching. There's one of our finds. It was hidden in the hole at the bottom of the tree in the photo and covered with pine needles.

After climbing over tree stumps and poison ivy and up hills and around the bayou, we found four geocaches, even finding one that my husband and I were unable to find on a previous trip. With the four of us on the search this time, this cache would be found!

One of the geocaches was filled with European travel maps and postcards and our friend, who was raised in Germany, read aloud in German from one of the brochures. We worked up an appetite with all of that hiking and headed back home for dessert - homemade apple-and-carrot cake and Dewar's taffy

We had a very merry Christmas and I hope that you did, too!

Comments

  1. That sounds like a blast! What a way to add some spice into the day. Glad you had a Merry Christmas, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like fun. I bought my boyfriend a Garmin for backpacking. We should take it geocaching and that may help him learn how to use it before actually backpacking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun thing to do!! So happy you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. merry belated christmas! i have heard about this before but haven't had the chance to try out my searching-skills yet :) sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog via Meg's blog. Sounds like a fun activity and a good use for the Garmin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so fun! Very cool.

    I really love the new blog background.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up