Kind of Painful



There's nothing like a couple of painful runs to make you thankful for the pain-free runs. I had to cut back on my running the last few days because my lower left leg hurt during a couple of recent runs. You know that feeling where it feels like there's a boa constrictor wrapped tightly around your leg?

I had a good seven mile run yesterday and a good five mile run today, except that I might have felt a teeny-tiny pain at the end of today's run, or maybe I'm just a worrier! ; )

Maybe my high mileage caused my trouble. Maybe I should have taken the day off after the 20 miler. Hopefully, running fewer miles now will give my leg a chance to heal. With less than three weeks until the marathon, I'm trying take it easy without taking it too easy.

Photo: Memorial Park trail on Christmas Day.

Comments

  1. I am hoping your pain goes away. I am a worrier too! You are so close to the end of your training! I am hoping for pain free runs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you are 3 weeks away, what else can you do but worry? I feel like you will recover and will be ready to go for that PR. Enjoy the taper as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know that feeling!

    Hope it goes away quickly and stays away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Tina! Taper taper :o). Take care of yourself and don't linger on those painful ones. Sending well wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to rest when you're feeling something that's not right, you're smart! Taper time already??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taper time seems to exacerbate all aches and pains. Glad you're taking it easy!!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes for ya! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill said it best...taper time brings on aches and pains. Things that never existed before show up. TRY not to fret about them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up