Thursday, December 31, 2009

There's Not So Good

After running 8.4 miles, my right ankle started to hurt so I walked home. Do you know how long it takes to walk 0.6 mile with a hurt ankle? Too long!

Elderly people out for their daily walks were speeding by me. I tried not to look pitiful, but I couldn't cover up my slowness. One man looked at me and asked, "Knee or ankle?" and reminded me to ice it when I got home, which I thought was awfully nice.

Now that I'm home, I'm icing and I won't worry about the marathon in 2 1/2 weeks. That's plenty of time for an ankle to heal. (Do you hear that, Ankle?!)

Happy New Year's Eve to you!

4 comments:

  1. Ice and rest. I hope your ankle cooperates and doesn't give you any more troubles. Take care. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus on that awesome run while your ankle is in the ice. ICE, thaw, ICE. Happy New Year! As I said to Meg, hope all of our "nags" are left in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( hope your ankle is feeling better since yesterday! not a great way to start the year. hopefully it's just a random ache and the icing/rest heals it right up.

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, my ankle still hurts when I walk. I'm icing.

    Thanks for the nice thoughts, All!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it swear-free!