There's Very Good


I really wanted to get out there and run today, and I did! It was 46 degrees - a shorts day!

After a two mile warm-up, I ran six fast miles, hoping for goal 1/2 marathon pace (8:20): 8:17, 8:21, 8:22, 8:13, 8:05, 8:04. I ran 8.4 total miles.

The first three hard miles were fun. I'm doing it! This is fun!

The second half was hard. Faster! You can do it! Keep going! That's okay, though. I like hard!

Saw some nice people out there on the Memorial Park loop trail. One runner told me, "HopeYouHaveAHappyNewYear" as he sped by. It sounded like it was a one syllable word, but I got it! And wished him the same!

Photo: Memorial Park loop trail at night

Comments

  1. You killed your HM pace at the end. Great job!! I would sell my soul for 46 degrees today! -9 before the windchill and I have a long run on the docket! Ickkk! Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds beautiful. We're getting a couple inches of snow here...46 is a mere memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Tina! I'm soooo glad I found your blog. I'm learning a lot from you about running and am ALWAYS so very inspired by you! (I want to be like Tina is what I tell myself on bad days!) ;)

    Have a wonderful new year! Here's to 2010 - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for shorts! nice way to end the year :) i got to wear them on my first run of 2010 - a treat.

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up