Wobbly Video


It was an experimental run. I had my new CamBall video camera attached to my Spibelt - kind of makes it a real spy belt, but I tried not to act too spyish! It's the round ball on my belt in the photo. My husband bought it for me for the Big Sur marathon I'm running in April.

I wanted to show you the video I took, but I don't want to make you sick - all of that bobbing up and down might make you dizzy. I didn't know I moved up and down so much when I run. I don't know how to fix that.

I hadn't planned on adding commentary, but I did after all - very quietly, when no one was around. Too bad I talked so softly that you can't hear me, but that's as loud as I'm going to talk when alone and in public!

I ran 6 miles today: a two mile warm-up, three miles faster (8:32, 8:42, 8:40) with a one mile cool-down. I should have worn shorts, but I felt very wimpy and was afraid of being cold. I ended up rolling my pants up into capris after a mile or so. That worked!

Comments

  1. oh i want to see it! i'd love to see how it works/looks. it looks like a spy camera! :) love that!

    i'm so jealous you'll be running on the bixby bridge. that route truly is a breathtaking view. i'd love to run it one day.

    are you resting this week before the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm tapering. I might run 2-3 more times before the marathon. Rest is nice!

    After I get some tech help from my husband, maybe I'll post some wobbly video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone taped me on a video running not too long ago and I was shocked how much I bounced. I think it's natural...but wow! Houston's coming up soon, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of putting it on my head, attached to my hat, for less wobble. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Tina. Good luck on your race this Sunday. I will be cheering for you as you cross the finish line! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you know that it was your cheering that got me up the hill and across the finish line with all I had at the Great Pumpkin 5K back in October!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'm running Sunday...are you lining up the 4 hour pace team or the 3:45 or are you going it alone?

    I think I'll line up within sight of the 4:00 balloons but hang back for several miles while I warm up and see how I'm feeling. Ya never know what kind of day it's gonna be!

    I want to try for PR pace for the first 15 or 16 miles and see how everything is feeling and going. Then either try to pick it up some or just try to hold on to PR pace...9:25 average.

    Sunday just feels like a giant question mark at this point. I've run enough marathons to know you can wake up feeling "off" or everything can go as planned...just gotta see what kind of day Sunday is for a long run = )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a neat camera! I've never seen those before, it will be nice at Big Sur, you can show us all the hills you ran! You must be enjoying the shorter runs this week, I'm still very excited for you!! Oh, no suprises yet. I truly don't know what I'm going to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm starting with the 3:50 pace group. That's optimistic, I know. : )

    Yes, if the video works out, I'll show you the hills, the ocean and Bixby bridge, but I'll have to work on the jiggle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen a camera like that--very cool.

    Good luck this weekend! I'll be watching it on DVR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your marathon is almost here! I can't wait to hear about it. Will it get warm before this weekend?

    BTW, consider yourself tagged. Check my blog for info.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift! I am excited to hear about Big Sur!

    Good Luck this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up