20 Miles and Fall #2

1 1/2 miles into today's 20 miler, I fell. But this time, I dusted my hands and right knee off, found the rock I tripped on and kept on running with only a small cut on my hand. Falling on a dirt path is softer than falling on the sidewalk. Wish I didn't know that firsthand, though. ; )

There was one windy place that I passed 6 times. The wind and the music I was listening to reminded me of being in the truck with my husband, both of us singing along to a song on the radio, with the windows down, or more likely, the AC blowing on our faces. I worked hard to run strong into the wind - good Big Sur practice.

I took Gu Roctane (blueberry pomegranate and vanilla orange flavors, slightly bitter taste, but not bad) every 5 miles and drank water every 2-3 miles. My average pace was 8:56, with 13 miles not more than 7 seconds slower than my marathon goal pace of 8:47/mile - just happened that way. I didn't set out with much of a pace plan today.

I finished happy - a not-too-bad fall at the beginning of the run made me especially grateful to have finished this 20 miler! I ran in shorts and a sleeveless shirt today and there's a rumor that it might snow tomorrow, but I can't believe it!

Photo: Post-run meal of tuna, noodles and peas beside my running journal and my Garmin, still ticking, so to speak, after two falls. (I probably shouldn't wear it facing me.)

Comments

  1. Awesome run, Tina. Sorry about the fall but glad it didn't ruin your run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that fall! But, wasn't it night to get out for a run in something other than 3 layers, tights and gloves??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was so nice! A great run! A great morning! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina,
    Good job on your 13 miler and way to bust out great splits!! I love that someone can run in shorts and a sleeveless shirts...lucky girl:) Dinner looks yummy..I love tuna and pasta!! Tina, I hope that you have a great week!! Happy running:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great run. Are you doing Big Sur? That is the marathon I most want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I can't wait to run the Big Sur marathon this April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! Great job dusting yourself off and moving on. Be careful Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't even met you but my first response to your title was "OH NO!!!" So glad to read that you had an incredible run despite the fall! And so great that you were practically at marathon pace the whole time, you are going to end up with a great marathon. I'm already excited to read your race story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! Sorry you fell but glad you're okay. (this time!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please visit my blog. You've been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great run, even with the fall. I haven't worked up to that distance yet but am moving that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the long run Tina, especially after the fall - that shows a lot of determination to regroup and continue your effort. Have a great week and keep running strong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That plate of food looks good...I am hungry! Great run but sorry to hear about your fall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finshing a 20 miler happy is a great thing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are okay after the fall. Great job on the 20 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doh! So sorry you fell down but I'm glad you popped back up and finished your 20 miler. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt