Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bridgework



I've baked a lot lately. I wish I could give my daughter a hug, but at least I'm able to send her banana bread and cookies. I used my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but substituted peanut M & M's for the chocolate chips. 


I was able to wear shorts and a short sleeved shirt again today - I'm spoiled! I ran over to the park, running hard up and down the bridge and down the hill below the bridge (partially in the photo). I ran down the stairs from the top of the bridge once, too. Anyone do stairs as part of a workout? I ran about six miles today and that completes my 40 mile week.

9 comments:

  1. The cookies look great. I am sure you daughter will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have some spring time weather, I love that blue sky. Of course, we all look forward to your calorie-free cookie pictures...lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look so good! I think I'm gonna make them for the USA/Canada hockey game tonight! I've been thinking about running the bleachers at the hockey rink. Very jealous of your nice weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look so yummy - I am going to try them this week. Thanks for sharing the photo of a blue sky and green grass - it has been unusually gray here the past few weeks so I really appreciate the color! Yes, we occasionally do stairs-this is a reminder of our stair workout: http://happytrails88.blogspot.com/search/label/Manitou%20Incline
    Hee, hee! Have a great week!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look amazing, I'm going to have to check out that recipe! Congrats on your 40 miles this week! I'm really jealous of the shorts, maybe I can wear those again in May? June?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookies and shorts in the same post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I gotta stop stopping by your blog... for someone that gave up sugar, you are toooooo tempting :). Jk. I wish we could have one day of your nice warm weather!! Nice mileage for the week :) :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cookies look delicious!!! I am jealous of your warm weather! I was thrilled to only have to wear 2 layers on top today instead of 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tina,
    Those cookies look so good...I love chocolate chip!!

    Wow, I can't wait to be able to run in shorts and a t-shirt again!! You are very lucky:) Tina, I hope that you have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family-friendly!