Happy February!

Running is getting back to normal now and that's nice. Not that racing isn't nice, but starting back to the familiar routine is good, too.

I ran my long run for the week today. I'll slowly ramp up the miles on these long runs, but today I started with 9 miles at a 9:18/mile average. The splits - 9:47, 9:28, 9:12, 9:05, 9:13, 9:10, 9:13, 9:05, 9:24. When I got home, my dog really, really wanted to go somewhere, too, so off I went again for a short walk - a good cool down.

I ate my mint chocolate GU at mile 4. It tasted like the melted chocolate mint candies I used for frosting on a chocolate cake recently or thick chocolate pudding flavored with mint. Yum! One great thing about running... We need this stuff to run well! Ah, the little luxuries of life!

I hope this month is a lovely one for you!

Comments

  1. That GU sounds good, I still haven't found one I like yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are your yummy food pictures???
    Have a great week! :-)
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to post a pic, but I'm having a little computer trouble which I hope will be fixed by my smart hubby tonight. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you and I lived nearby. We could train together. That would be fun. At least we can train together through blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, I heard Choco mint GU is delis...I can't eat GU or I'd have gotten tons of it when it was here. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the long run! Hope the month is lovely for you, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, your GU description made me hungry! Happy February to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're awesome! I knew you'd be back to long runs not too long after your full.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah!!! Way to go on the 9 miles! I want to try that GU so bad and the gingerbread one. I was hoping to order on their website but the shipping is way to high. ugh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melted chocolate mint candies? That does sound good! Great run!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might have to try the chocolate mint GU! I love the vanilla bean.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt