Hello Sunshine!

You should have seen all of the runners outside enjoying the sunshine early this morning! It was 45 degrees and I wore shorts - I knew my tempo run would warm me up.

I hoped to run two or three tempo miles at half marathon pace, or a comfortably hard pace, on the three mile loop at Memorial Park. I was careful not to start out too fast and before I knew it, I was in the last tempo mile and I was running up the hill.

Before I started, I thought that if I ran out of gas, I'd just call it a day and quit there, making it a hard two miles for the day instead of three, but I felt pretty good and scooted up that hill and then tried to keep the speed for almost a half mile longer. In fact, since I was near the end and didn't need to conserve energy, I sped up -fun!

I ran 6 miles today. 2 mile warm-up and 1 mile cool-down. Tempo mile splits: 8:28, 8:23, 8:10/mile. My goal was 8:10-8:30. Goal accomplished!

Photo: Taken on a geocaching adventure. Wild berries at Memorial Park.

Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a nice tempo, I'm glad you have some sun! It's so weird the way weather works; snow in the north, sun for you and rain and wind for us! I can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running wearing shorts...I'm so jealous. It's still in the 30's here in Connecticut. I feel way overdressed whenever I run. Great job on your run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running in shorts outside sounds so awesome!! I can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice speedy session you had there ... and love the pretty berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great run!
    i would love to try a geocaching adventure. sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO jealous you are running in shorts! I had a glorious day a week ago when I got to do the same but today we are buried in WAY TOO MUCH snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great running, Tina!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous big time of the nice weather you are running in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't this weather awesome...well it was yesterday and Friday anyway! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, seeing the sun makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous that you were running in shorts! Sounds like you had a great run. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up