Horses & Good Eats


Today on my 4.5 mile run (cut-back week), I saw horse riders - a friendly bunch (lots of waving when I pulled out my camera) who traveled for miles into Houston - it's one of the Houston fair events.

I ran into a friend at Memorial Park and we ran together - fun. After running and weeding, I was starved so
my husband and I headed on over to...


Smash Burger! They have great, juicy cheeseburgers, but today I went with their good, grilled chicken sandwich followed by one (okay, maybe more than one) of the peanut butter cookies I made last night. I added some raisins and oats as an experiment - yummy, but crumbly.

Comments

  1. Hi Tina,
    We don't have a Smash Burger here in Minnesota...but every now and then I love a good burger:) I am glad that you were able to meet with a friend and have a nice run..sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great run, the horses are beautiful! And I'm now dying for some peanut butter cookies, yum!! Looks like a perfectly beautiful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a GREAT burger today. I don't eat them often but sometimes they just hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peanut butter cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum on the peanut butter cookies, they're my favorite! I'm glad you had a nice run today. I giggled at your comment about your college kid, mine called me this morning. Ooops, I think he read my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smash burger! sounds yummy... I love it when I see random things on a run. It always makes it more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just got a Smash by us - we'll have to try it out. Every once and a while you just have to dig into a nasty burger after a hard run!! :) And the peanut butter cookies - mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. In N Out is my go to post long run burger, always hits the spot! That's great that you take your camera on runs with you. Awesome photo op with the horses coming through town. Just watch your step!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a Five Guys here. It is pretty good and I am not a huge burger girl. I do love peanut butter cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up