I made these easy no-bake oats-chocolate-peanut butter cookie today. I left out the wheat germ and flax (didn't have any), used old-fashioned oats (I had that) rather than quick and decreased the vanilla to 1/2 tspn. Thanks for posting the recipe, Kate! Find the nutritional info here at food.com. The cocoa, oats and PB taste great together.
Sunny and 50*F/10*C this morning! I warmed up for two miles and then I planned to run 6-7 marathon paced miles (8:47/mi) with hills included. These are just short, easy hills so it was really no big deal - no mountains here in Houston! I ended up running 7 MP miles at an average pace of 8:42 and a total of 10.6 miles which was supposed to be an even 10, but I had some mathematical confusion out there!
No Bake Cookies
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/8 cup wheat germ (heaping)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup quick oats
- Heat the first three ingredients in a pot until it boils.
- Take the pan off the stove and stir in vanilla and PB.
- Stir in wheat germ, flax seeds and oats.
- Drop cookies onto waxed paper.
- Let cool and enjoy!