Friday, March 12, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter No-bake Cookies


I made these easy no-bake oats-chocolate-peanut butter cookie today. I left out the wheat germ and flax (didn't have any), used old-fashioned oats (I had that) rather than quick and decreased the vanilla to 1/2 tspn. Thanks for posting the recipe, Kate! Find the nutritional info here at food.com. The cocoa, oats and PB taste great together.

Sunny and 50*F/10*C this morning! I warmed up for two miles and then I planned to run 6-7 marathon paced miles (8:47/mi) with hills included. These are just short, easy hills so it was really no big deal - no mountains here in Houston! I ended up running 7 MP miles at an average pace of 8:42 and a total of 10.6 miles which was supposed to be an even 10, but I had some mathematical confusion out there!

No Bake Cookies
  • 3 tablespoons skim milk
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1/8 cup wheat germ (heaping)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground flax seeds (optional)
  • 1 cup quick oats
  1. Heat the first three ingredients in a pot until it boils. 
  2. Take the pan off the stove and stir in vanilla and PB. 
  3. Stir in wheat germ, flax seeds and oats.
  4. Drop cookies onto waxed  paper.
  5. Let cool and enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. I *love* No Bake cookies. They are my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! those are fantastic! i love the unlimited flexibility in this recipe. they seem to taste good no matter if all the ingredients are included or not! yum yum!!!

    and props on your run! you always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee, I sometimes have that "matematical" confusion on track. It's called, "not being able to count." I'm so glad I"m learning to count in kindergarten.
    By the way, my friend is running Big Sur and I just realized that it's coming up. I bet you're really excited and I also realized that you're really doing some big mileage now. Getting ready, be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina,
    I love no-bake cookies and the recipe looks really healthy:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just telling someone today I haven't made no bake cookies in a long time. Maybe I need to get to it. Sounds like a good run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No bake cookies rock!! Thanks, I'm going to whip up everything when I can eat sugar again...I'll once again go into my sugar coma :/. Your race is coming up soon...so excited for you. I absolutely LOVED Big Sur!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made no-bake cookie stuffed cupcakes and featured them on blog...don't think mine are as healthy as yours :) haha...must be a no-bake day!
    http://cuppycakebakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little extra mileage never hurts - a little more in the tank for the marathon. Nice no-bake recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound really good! Do you refrigerate them afterwards, or just leave them out?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family-friendly!