Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday Fun

I ran 9 miles this morning, running the four middle miles a little faster than goal half marathon pace (8:16/mi). My goal was to run the faster four miles at 10K pace or half marathon pace. It's good to have two goals, just in case. So I met one goal! ; ) 

Rainforest Cafe, Galleria Mall

After the run, my husband and I ate at the Rainforest Cafe for the first time, where they have animatronics perched throughout the restaurant. Tigers, gorillas and elephants came to life when we heard thunder and pouring rain. It was a fun change, out of the ordinary.


I had a delicious salad: pecans, strawberries, cranberries, feta cheese, spinach, red leaf lettuce with a vinaigrette dressing.

When I got home, I made some granola which made my house smell delicious. 


And then we went for a short motorcycle ride around Memorial Park - wish we could have ridden down this path, but we had to stick to the roads. I had some scary moments. We're going how fast?! 30, 30, the speed limit is only 30 here! (My husband was driving.) My legs were so sore when the ride was over - I held on tightly with them. And now we're home, safe and sound!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the salad tip - never thought of the strawberries and pecans but we have used the other before. Might have to be on the menu this week! Good run too, and it is nice to have a "soft" goal and a difficult one - you never can plan for your ON day to hit exactly on a specific workout, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, being flexible helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two goals are always good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on your nine mile run this morning! I am going to have to try the granola recipe....me and my daughter love it:) It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ALWAYS have 2 goals!! Sounds like you had quite the Saturday! I went to 2 hockey games, cleaned my bathrooms and washed the sheets off the beds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You survived a motocycle trip...I am kind of afraid of motorcycles unless I'm driving! Sounds like you had a fun weekend, I'd like your granola recipe if you have time to send it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. motorcycle ride!! woohoo - what FUN!!! i've been dying to go for a ride but we don't have a bike - yet... great job on the 9 miles! that salad looks yuumy! i haven't been too the rainforest cafe in ten years so they must have added the animated animals. my kids would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome Saturday! Yeah for making it home safe and for having a great run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meg, just click on the word granola in the post and you've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks - the granola recipe sounds great. I'm scared of "speed", but would enjoy a nice slow ride on country roads. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking you could open a restaurant with all of the delicious healthy food you make-yum!!! Also, what training plan are you following? I love your workouts, they seem really beneficial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kirsten, I make my own training plan. I use the Rookie plan on the Boston Marathon site and Hudson's book Run Faster for ideas, though. I was wondering what plan you use, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!