Friday, April 23, 2010

Big Sur Marathon Expo

We flew from Texas to California and went straight to the expo today.  There were a lot of freebies handed out at the expo. I was surprised at the full-sized Odwalla bar and mint chocolate GU given away.

The shirt we received in our race packet is a nice tech tee that has the words "on the ragged edge of the western world" on the back.


After visiting the expo, my husband and I watched sea otters play in the water below our restaurant window 0n the Monterey wharf - the first time I've ever seen sea otters in the wild! (Later, we saw restaurants at Cannery Row we thought we'd rather try next time, though.)

10 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you with the marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Otters are so cute.
    BTW, Monterey Bay Aquarium is really cool though expensive.
    Enjoy the marathon. And hills are not that bad, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to watch the sea lions and otters. Have a great run! Is your husband running too or spectating?
    I'm noticing on your sidebar this is your 7th marathon. My next one will be my 6th. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the black shirt - nice! Hope you have a great race. I would be tempted to carry a camera for this one. (if I had a camera, lol, mine is somewhere in Boston) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm..... I can picture sitting there eating lunch and watching the otters because we've done it, too! I am jealous! :-) The sea otters are so entertaining. I love listening to the seals. But no lunch food photos???!!! Are you going to the Aquarium? Have fun and enjoy every moment!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love Monterey and the sea otters. I bet you're excited! I just texted my buddy who is running with you tomorrow and she was out driving the course. I thought that was so funny!
    Run like the wind, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thought about you today and was praying it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck - have a great race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope the race went well!

    mint chocolate gu = yummmm. like a thin mint. i had my first one in a race yesterday - i have been missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope the race went well!

    mint chocolate gu = yummmm. like a thin mint. i had my first one in a race yesterday - i have been missing out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!