Big Sur Soon


I ran 8 1/3 miles in the rain today. It was cool at first (62*) because I was wet, but it didn't take long for me to start sweating. I ran four faster miles in the middle of the run - fun! The rain was great because it cooled me off, but I was glad I had my cap and sunglasses on to keep the rain out of my eyes. 

My plan for the Big Sur marathon is to run each mile looking forward to what the next mile will bring in the way of ocean views, cows and even a grand piano! 

It's really difficult for me to guess what my finishing time might be, but I ran a 4:05 in the January Houston marathon and if you add 20 minutes to that (because of the hills) you get 4:25. Taper nerves? Not yet! I'm just so excited to get started on our vacation to California!

That's a picture of our lemon tree - it came with the house we moved into last fall. Until a friend spotted the one and only lemon it produced, I didn't know what it was. And when life hands you one lemon, make lemon bars! The bars were especially good because of that lemon! The tree has flowers on it now and I'm hoping for two lemons this year! Maybe three!

Comments

  1. I'm excited for you to get started on your wonderful CA vacation, too!
    You are going to have a blast - I bet you will savor every moment. And young lady, where are the delicioso photos of the lemon bars??????!!! :-) Have a great week,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathleen! And after posting the baklava pics, I thought maybe we needed a sugar break! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!! You'll do awesome!

    Love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's funny when us warm weather folks say 63 is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to rock at Big Sur. Enjoy the scenery. You will forget you are running.
    Love running in the rain too (unless it is windy too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have so much fun at the marathon and on vacation! Can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cool is that - a lemon tree!!
    i love me some lemon bars :)

    big sure - oh it is just gorgeous there! i am excited to see it again through your experience there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your strategy for this race. It is going to be so beautiful! I cannot wait to hear all about it! Take it all in and take pictures for us please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Envy! Love the Central Cali coast, actually the entire Cali Coast. All my running for next year centers around Big Sur in April and Maui in Sept. Can't wait for your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Luck - this looks like a BEAUTIFUL race!!! Can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful blossom! How fun to have a lemon tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet you just can't sit still right now! I was like that last week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love a lemon tree in my backyard! I would actually love any kind of fruit tree, but those are hard to come by in Chicago. Here's to a fruitful year of lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your plan sounds great -- you will enjoy yourself for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm way behind on reading but hope you get this before you are too busy with pre-race festivities!! :)

    good luck and have a great time in california!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt