Only 2 Minutes

Today: 7 mile run with 3 miles of 2 minutes running hard and 3 minutes running easy. I didn't think this would be hard, but because of the heat it was a tough run.

During those hard 2 minutes, I told Zoe "fast". Maybe I was training her or maybe I was encouraged by hearing that word! ; ) Finally, I finished the 3 miles of hard work. : ) Hot and tired, I did the marathon shuffle all of the way home.

After running, I felt sick to my stomach and very heavy, as in I must sit down right now! Looks like this is the end of my experiment on eating nothing during runs. Hopefully when I start eating or drinking something besides water, I'll feel okay even though it's hot. I'll get this summer running figured out soon!

Photo: April wildflowers near my home.

Comments

  1. I sure know the marathon shuffle....you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My runs are all over the place for how they feel. I will be interested in what you have to say about eating. I am bad about not eating before a run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the marathon shuffle on the way home from my long run on Sunday. Tough one. I can't believe it's already so warm your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really bad about eating before a run. Sometimes especially in the heat of summer I feel that same sick feeling. I think the lactic acid is what makes me feel sick or maybe the heat, either way its not fun. I don't intentionally avoid eating before a run I just usually get up so early and need to get out the door that I simply can't eat. The articles theory is interesting. I am curious to hear how your experiment goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice deal for running to work in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, providing YMCA showers and snacks is a nice little perk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you figure the food/hydration out soon. I have heard of several people struggling here too. I haven't done enough yet to struggle at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx! I just got my Gatorade set up for tomorrow's run. Looking forward to a good run!

    ReplyDelete
  9. look forward to reading your final review on running on an empty tummy. i KNOW it's got to be so humid there now. it's getting that way here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only did 3 miles of speed stuff and it was hot and humid here too! I made the mistake of going just after dinner...whoops!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt