Road Pics


My husband and I hiked in Muir Woods (California) about two weeks ago and reluctantly took a detour. We got off the Dipsea Trail because of a bridge that was out and took the fire road instead. That was where we saw this deer - a good detour!

Candy Land Car in Local Parade

My husband has a new blog. I like the picture where it looks like we're at a haunted restaurant where ghosts wear sombreros and I like his photo description!

And my last road pic... Here's how it looked on the way to church last night - worse than usual because of an accident. It made me long for the Muir Woods trails.


I ran ten miles today (9:29/mi ave pace). 73 degrees and humid - kind of warm, but the wind helped. No food before or during the run, just water - something new for me. I didn't feel any different than usual - a good thing. Ten isn't too far without fuel, though. I'll keep you posted on how the experiment goes.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

Comments

  1. What a cool looking trail! The mist and deer make it look really mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trail looks heavenly - wow!
    I love your Bixby Bridge picture on the side, too...you look so happy :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the candy land car! lol! that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deer in Bay Area are pests. There, I said it. We have deer everywhere, in state parks, in neighborhoods munching on young trees, running in front of cars, there are everywhere! Still, anytime I see one, I go 'Wow, look at that! A deer!'. Then I search frantically for my camera. They are awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had occasional deer at our previous house outside of Houston - not enough that they were troublemakers, though - just enough that it was exciting to see one, esp. when I was surprised by one on an early morning run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first picture is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, do keep us posted on fueling or not for runs. I am not good at fueling. 10 is kind of my marker where I do make sure to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Run with a great pace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The trail looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely pictures! minus the traffic one :/

    i long for muir woods too. that place was just soooooo amazing. we spent 5 hours there. those trees and the way the storms placed some of them - wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt