Blueberry Syrup & Garminless Run

French toast (wheat bread dipped in egg) topped with blueberry syrup - that was my post-run breakfast yesterday. Heat up 1/2 a cup of blueberries in a pan. Stir together 1/2 teaspoon corn starch and 1/2 tablespoon water. Add this mixture to the blueberries. Stir in a little extra water, if needed. Visit Lori's blog for step-by-step photos.

This morning when I picked up my Garmin just before my run, I saw that I hadn't charged it correctly and the battery was dead. Can I run without my Garmin? How would I know when to eat or drink?! I grabbed a pencil and paper and figured out my 12 mile running route: run to the park, run 4 loops, and run home. I didn't give it another thought.

I kept the pace easy. I ate a Gu after running about 6 miles. I drank when I was thirsty. Somewhere around my ninth mile, I was surprised at how I was able to run by benches and not wish I would stop and sit on each one. Progress! Towards the end, there was a nice wind. It was a good run.

Then I got home and was surprised at how late it was. I started thinking about how I'd run 4 loops that are nearly 3 miles long plus I ran to the park and back home. I got out my pencil and paper again and figured out that I had run 13.5 miles. The good part is that it only felt like 12 miles! : )

Comments

  1. great job!

    and I'm totally drooling over that pic

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh, that toast and blueberries looks heavenly! I will definitely try that!!!

    Isn't it great to realize you've gone farther than you thought??? Some of my very best runs are Garmin-less.

    Have a great day, Tina!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great run!!! The photo looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I drooled all over the keyboard, AGAIN! Staring at your yummy food photos does that to me - keep'em coming! :-) It is kind of "freeing" running without a watch or Garmin sometimes!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Can you please mail me those...oh wait that wouldn't work so well.

    Nice job on the Garminless run. Amazing how technology has changed how we run. Sometime running "Naked" is nice...that's what I call running with no music or garmin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that the 13.5 felt like 12 -- rather than the other way around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never seem to have that "problem"! Nice job on the run! I don't think I'd be motivated to go long if I knew I had such a yummy breakfast to eat back home. Too tempting to turn around early :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks scrumptious! gotta love that feeling when you ran farther and it felt easier! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt