Peanut Butter Cookies

The Last Batch I Made - Gone Now!

In one of my cookbooks, the page with my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe has a sticky note on it that's dated 9/1/04. That was the first time my daughter baked those cookies. I wanted her to learn to cook and cookies seemed like a great start. Last night, I received a peanut butter cookie request so it's time to bake another batch and I don't mind a bit!

I ran 12 miles with 6 short sprints today, squirting my extra water down my neck in the last and hottest mile. Brrr - it felt good! When I finished, the temperature was 82, but it felt like 101. Really!

Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter (I use natural peanut butter)

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened

1 egg

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1.Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.

2.Heat oven to 375ºF.

3.Shape dough into small balls placed about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.

4.Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack or just free cookies from pan with spatula and let cool on pan.

Makes 30 cookies, 85 calories each.

Adapted from Betty Crocker, but later I saw the recipe here.

Comments

  1. I really never thought about using specific brands of peanut butter in my cookies. What is the HEB store brand? Your cookies made me hungry once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got local grocery stores here in Texas called HEB and I just used their store brand. Mostly, I just added that as a note to myself so that I know how to make them exactly like I made them last time. I've used other brands, though, and they were still good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making my favorite cookies! Showing the photo of the last batch - then eating them. What a minute - I take back that thanks :) - you are just taunting me!!

    I wish this was a scratch and sniff blog. Better yet grab and eat!

    I usually use Jiff Peanut Butter for mine. Jiff is sweeter than most to begin with - so you have that added in when using it. Are you able to find Adam's Old Fashion Peanut Butter in Houston? It is pretty oily and you need to mix thoroughly in the jar before using - but it makes good cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My absolute favorite cookie is PB...I couldn't make those or else I'd eat the entire batch (I have zero willpower). I didn't realize you were doing the Denver Marathon. Yay :). We'll have to meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man those cookies look good!! Making me hungry!! btw...awesome running, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol - you received the request last night and it's time to make more!! ha, sounds so familiar! :)
    i never use shortening - the sight of it makes me want to gag.

    12 miles! you are so amazing. i can't wait to start back up next week - slowly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Jill. I mostly have a no- baking policy because I have no self control. If I do bake, I use the allrecipes website to calculate a MUCH smaller batch. 2-4 servings if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever try M&M's in your peanut butter cookies? Just a little extra zing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm cracking up because I am making cookies while I read this! I'm making chocolate cookies and am not a good enough cook to alter the recipe, but I do like to write notes in my cookbooks. Great job on the runs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look really good. The other day I had chocolate cupcakes with PB frosting on them...super yummy.

    You are right about the leaf cutter bees. I asked at a nursery and that's exactly what they said. I've printed the document of the link you sent me. it has so much information. Thank you.

    I think I'll be in Houston in mid-September. Maybe we can meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, that'd be fun get together for a run, Jill and Christina!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt