Run & Ride

Corn on the Cob - Yum! 

I ran ten miles this morning. Drinking very cold Gatorade nearly every two miles cooled me off. I froze it in my bottles last night. Two miles from home I was able to speed up - happiness! A half a mile from home I slowed down for a cool-down and I still felt fine. So...

I changed into my bike clothes and my husband and I went mountain bike riding (80 minutes). I sailed up and down the Memorial Park hills and had to walk a few, too. Here I am after chickening out at the top of a steep hill. I couldn't help but wonder how much running I'd miss if I fell and broke a leg! ; )

Comments

  1. Great effort. I would walk those hills as well after running 10 miles.

    The corn looks good. Makes me miss my Midwest living days in Kansas. The best corn and steaks I have ever had, and I could just get it from my local grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born and raised in Iowa - sweet corn was a staple in my daily life in the summer. I so love it!! Nice job on the run and glad no legs broken on that hill!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do all the food pics on your blog ALWAYS make my mouth water??? :-) Even simple corn on the cob looks refreshing! Great job on the 10 miler and then a mt bike ride! WOW, you are becoming a multisport diva!!! Very impressive. Have a wonderful week!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture of you walking the bike, I always worry about getting injured and not being able to run when I'm biking or skiing!
    I don't have any corn from my garden yet, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We get corn in late August. Good job on the run and bike. I need to start freezing drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the run and bike! The corn looks yummy, can't wait until it's in season here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm, yea, that is one steep drop to avoid after a long run! those trails look like a real blast from the pics on your man's blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt