A Nice Day

My husband and I started off the morning with a visit next door to a yard sale (no good finds, but it's fun to look) and then a bike ride at Memorial Park. It was kind of warm, but if we rode fast enough, there was a breeze. I pushed hard up the short hills, sometimes making it all of the way to the top, sometimes not. There I am coasting down a hill.

After lunch and a short, scenic drive through a nearby neighborhood, we stopped for ice cream at Marble Slab where I was hoping they'd have cake batter flavor -  they did! They offered me a child sized waffle cone - the perfect size.



When we got home, there was a package waiting for me from Kate who surprised me with Vanilla Gingerbread Gu gels and this pretty bookmark that she made. The charm on the end says "marathon". Perfect!

And then our daughter called and we chatted for awhile.

Such a nice Saturday! 

Comments

  1. So sweet! I love Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake batter flavor sounds great! Sounds like a nice relaxed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect day! Pretty bookmark charm too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a marvelous Saturday! A bike ride, cake batter ice cream in a waffle cone (BIG YUM!), and a surprise box! How fun is that???
    Have a wonderful week!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt