Splash

I put on my hat and my sunglasses and headed out for 10 rainy miles. My dark sunglasses not only made me look slightly mysterious ; ) beneath my black visor on this dark, rainy morning, but they also kept the water out of my eyes - too much rain in my eyes and they get irritated and red.

On a rainy day, at first you pride yourself on how you can maneuver around puddles quickly without getting your toes wet, but after the first good foot soaking, you just run through the middle of the puddles like a kid because how can you get any wetter? That's when you have a complete mental turn-around: to run right through the puddle - that's what the "real athlete" would do! No fears!

I tried some new chews today - Honey Stinger fruit smoothie flavor energy chews. They taste like red gummy bears. (I've had Clif-bloks and Luna chews, which taste good, too.) These are the only chews I've eaten that didn't get stuck in my teeth - a plus. Not only that, the package seemed to indicate that after eating these chews I'd be able to run, bull ride (good, since I'm in Texas, y'all), and sting! I only had one package today so I just settled for running.

Have a great Fourth of July!

Comments

  1. Love the post and love running in the rain. Definitely reminds me of my childhood! Way to get out there for 10 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in Seattle rain was never a fun thing to run in. Now living in Las Vegas, if it ever rains - I am running!

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I don't like about running in the rain is the soggy shoes and feet. It feels funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey Stingers are good! And you are right, no sticking to the teeth - my favorite GU Pomegranite Blueberry chomps take forever to come off the teeth. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time I hope you're able to get in a little bull-riding after your long run :). I will have to try those Honey Stingers, I can't handle the ones that stick to your teeth, but they do give me something "to do" after I eat them. haha. Excellent job on the 10 in the rain - yay! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love running in the rain except when I kill my ipod!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love running in the rain....its refreshing! Besides, I live in Seattle so I can't let the rain stop me otherwise I'd never be running.

    Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those warm rain runs are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're so funny! i hear ya on the puddles - once those toesies are wet, it's pure FUN to run right through those puddles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Honey Stinger and love running in the rain!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I look forward to getting to you know via your blog posts and tweets!

    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love Shot Bloks but you're right, they always get stuck in my teeth. I'll have to check out the Stingers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Running in the rain in summer is the best! I'm just like you, trying to keep my feet dry till the worst happens and then splashing through them all! I'll have to try the stingers, I've seen them but am a huge Gu chomps fan. Happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love running in the rain. Reminds me of my hs cross country days lol! I'll have to check out the honey stingers. They sound like a good alternative to clif shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those gummies sound good! That is the bad part about the other chews, getting them stuck in your teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt