Friday, August 20, 2010

Gu Electrolyte Brew



 Nachos For Dinner At Tina's Casa

Yesterday I went to REI for the blueberry pomegranate Gu Brew that Happy Trails mentioned on my Zym Tabs post (Thank you!), but they were out of it so I bought some packets of lemon lime Gu Electrolyte Brew to see what Gu Electrolyte Brew tastes like.

I used the lemon lime Gu Electrolyte Brew today. It tastes like lemon-flavored water and I like it. It's not as nearly as sweet as Gatorade, a plus because I've used so much Gatorade this summer that I'm getting tired of sweet drinks. I also used tri-berry Nuun, which tasted kind of sweet compared to the Gu Electrolyte Brew even though I thought Nuun wasn't sweet before today. One more change today: I drank more than usual.

Today I warmed up for two miles, ran 1/2 a mile hard (a mistake, really) and then ran 2 minutes hard with 3 minutes easy, ten times, which is how many times it took before my legs felt like noodles. Then I ran two miles of rolling hills, slowly, and then two miles home. I felt better than usual and ran the extra 1/4 mile down my street rather than stop to walk at the 11 mile mark. I'd say that's progress! : )

So, whether it was my fuel, the cloudy skies with the breeze or just my day, it was a good one! Hope you have a good one, too!

7 comments:

  1. I really like those Brews. They make a huge difference. I use them when we go on long bike rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinner is making me hungry - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those nachos look amazing! Mmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a terrific run!! I like to drink Nuun, but I've only tried GU Brew once. It's so nice to have choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm... Nachos!!! Glad you liked the GU - the Blueberry is mild also. It's the only one w/ 2x sodium, but the others have a good amount too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all that heat and you keep on running! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i see avocado in those nachos! yuuuuummmmmm!!!

    savor those awesome runs! GU electrolyte brew is light. i tried a sample of the lemon lime and it's def. not that sweet. which is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete

I'll post your comments asap so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. Thanks for keeping them family-friendly and for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...