Saturday, August 14, 2010

Will Run For Cupcakes

Since I follow Sprinkles Cupcakes Bakery on Twitter, I received a free red velvet cupcake just for saying the code words "4 years" when I dropped by today. Fun, huh?! And delicious!

I came across a new book: Run: The Mind-Body Method of Running by Feel by Matt Fitzgerald. He writes that if you have a problem fading at mile 20 of the marathon, you might want to run back-to-back 20 milers, or a long run with 14-16 miles at marathon goal pace or even a 27-30 mile run before your goal marathon. Fitzgerald ran a marathon three weeks before his goal marathon at 94% effort and PR'ed three weeks later! Sounds great, but those are tough workouts!

And now I hear the rest of my cupcake calling my name! Gotta Run Now!

Do you treat yourself with something special at the end of a training week?

9 comments:

  1. I usually don't reward myself with food after training. It's a dangerous fine line for me and I don't want to splurge too often. I do however splurge once in awhile when I am feeling cravings. ;) For example: last night I had a glass of wine and shared a piece of cheesecake. It was GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't cupcakes just the perfect amount of cake? And free is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I treat myself after an extra long run...for example, if I do 10 or more miles I might get a mocha for SBUX. Or today, after my 18 miles, I cashed in a birthday coupon for free ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. does the cinnamon roll i ate yesterday count? it was eaten 15 min. before a run last night. fuel for the road!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the free cupcake. Cupcakes are the best!
    I never wanted to Twitter but if it gets you free cupcakes I might need to reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tina, doing a little "catching up" Sounds like a book I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cupcake looks amazing! I'd run for it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am soo glad this cupcake craze is going on. my waistline doesn't seem to appreciate it as much though, not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, depends on where I am in a training/diet cycle. One thing , though, after a good week of training, I love the feeling of being to be able to eat to replenish the fuel. A piece of really good bread, fruit, almond butter, things like that. Just knowing that it helps rebuild the energy that just came off is a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!