18 Mile Run

 Frozen Custard 
 I carried Cytomax with me today, the Denver Rock 'n' Roll Marathon drink, and drank 6 ounces every 1.5 miles. After 7 miles, I felt good enough to speed up and ran 6 miles faster than the rest of my miles. My best: 3 miles at 9:05/mi pace. (I need to run 9:10/mi pace for a 4 hour marathon finish.) My 18 mile average was 10:15/mile and it was 86F/30C degrees when I finished.

I had a painful twinge and wondered if I should stop, but it mysteriously went away. And I was awake 1 1/2 hours in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep, but no problems today. It's kind of good to have problems before the marathon to see how things work out. 

And I'll end this post with an interesting search phrase that led someone to my blog, "i had a banana split, now how many miles do i have to run." 

Comments

  1. I need to track down some cytomax to train with too. (I'm training for RnRSA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good run, yay! I lay awake most nights for that long and longer...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frozen custard looks yummy. But I am starving so right now anything seems yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, that's too funny that that phrase led someone to your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great run!!! Funny...I calculate food and miles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have leg cramps at night and I read a crazy internet tip but it seems to work... I sleep with a bar of soap under the sheets and I don't wake up at all. I'm sure it's all mental but either way - I prefer a good night's sleep over being up, so soap in the bed it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, can't believe Denver has cytomax on the course! Maybe that is a good thing with the elevation. You win the cool city list award for all your marathons! And the search phrase makes me laugh! Hooray for 18 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That search phrase goes well with the "i eat to run, i run to eat" saying! :)

    Great run! I'm soaking up everything you say since next Sat. I will run 18.

    I woke up last Sat. night at 3am and could NOT go back to sleep. I felt like I was still running... weird. Oh well. I'm rested now. Glad your pain went away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try that marathon drink also! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up