Friday, September 3, 2010

9 Mile Run

Napping Chinchilla at the Zoo
I haven't had an outside run with good mile splits since July, exactly 5 weeks ago - until today!

There were a couple of little problems, like a bug flying straight into my eye (I got it out right away) and my Ipod shuffle wouldn't turn on again even though I thought I'd fixed it.

And my Garmin didn't get the first .7 mile of my run for some crazy reason. User error? Though this might not be the very best time to mention it, there's a great giveaway going on for a Garmin Forerunner 310 XT. (Contest is over.) I've been really happy with mine, most of the time. ; )

I sped up after a few miles with miles 5-7 averaging 9:09, 9:18 and 8:56. It's still warm (80*), but it was cloudy so the hot sun wasn't beating down on me. Average pace: somewhere around 9:40.

While I ran, I listened to my breathing and my shoes hit the dirt and when I was almost home, to the thunder booming loudly in the distance. With the run finished, I drank some chocolate milk and stretched - it was a good start to the holiday weekend. Oh, and I think I have now correctly charged up my Ipod - it's working! Hope you have a good holiday!

5 comments:

  1. These ARE good splits!
    Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog!! :)

    I love drinking chocolate milk after working out!! yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable!! Oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for good mile splits--a sure sign that fall running is around the corner! Enjoy the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chinchilla is adorable.
    Way to go on the negative splits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!