Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Hot, Humid 9 Mile Run

  • 77-83F (25-28C) degrees w/ 79-98% humidity
  • # of miles I wanted to run hard/fast: 4 
  • # of miles I ran hard/fast: 2-3
  • # of times I stopped running to walk, sit or stretch: I lost count!
  • # of brown cicada carcasses I noticed on a brown tree trunk after I took my hands off (stretching): Stopped counting at 12!
  • # of times I felt sick to my stomach: 3, after hard miles and hills. Seeing all of those carcasses didn't help, either!
  • # of times I told myself I'd run the entire 1.25 miles home: 1
  • # of times I stopped on the way home after that: 3
  • # of short hills I ran up without stopping: 4 out of 4 attempted!
  • # of miles I ran today: 9!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we don't have Cicadas here - they're so icky! Crossing my fingers for cooler temps and less humidity for you soon...it's gotta happen sooner or later, right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad I didn't put my hand on one of those cicada shells and hear, "Crunch"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of those kinds of runs! I get it! The heat has turned up here again and the humidity has too, but I'm sure it's thicker there. :( I know fall is around the corner, but it sure seems like it's taking a lot longer to get here. Hang in there!
    And yes, I remember those cicada shells in Houston - eeek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - i love your countdown tickers on the side bar! i copied you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those countdowns are so handy for keeping track of everyone's next race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a tough run, but you did it!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yucky humidity! hope it gets cooler for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought your post was quite funny but I am sure it didn't strike you quite the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a tough run, congratulation you did it!!! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'll post your comments asap so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. Thanks for keeping them family-friendly and for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...