2 Weeks Post-Marathon

Memorial Park, Houston
I ran the Denver marathon on 10/17, hiked in Colorado the week after and then I was home the second week after the marathon. Since I was running in the second week after the Big Sur marathon, I started running this week, too. The more I ran, the easier it felt.

Monday, I ran 5 miles at 10:35/mi pace on a humid day, but the warmth felt good at first. (8 days post-marathon.)

Tuesday, I ran 7 miles at 10:04/mi pace on another humid day. OK, ready for winter now!

Thursday, Zoe and I got in a great 5 miles because the humidity was so low that I hardly sweat - only my socks were damp. I ran at a 9:52/mi pace.

Friday, I ran 8 miles at a 9:32/mi pace and it was a chilly 50 degrees! It's warmed back up since Friday, but soon we'll have more cool days. I'm looking forward to training for the Houston marathon through the winter.

A few interesting articles: 

Eat the Right Fats Sorry, this one has a RW pop-up ad. Skip fat-free. Eat salmon, avocados, walnuts, and flax.

Women & Heart Rate Women are not small men.

Nike has turned the city of London into a game board for a two-week competition called the GRID which the shoe manufacturer hopes will ultimately encourage young people who already jog for exercise to start identifying themselves as "runners."

Comments

  1. great activity...good luck on your run..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good second week runs. That is usually what I do too. Now i'm going to check out some of your links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the road, I'm sure it feels good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you are back to running and love the link on the good fats in runners world. I love my good fats as not only are they tasty but help keep me injury free and I need all the help I can get on that front. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic. Welcome Home and back to running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on your runs. I'm usually chomping at the bit to get out there and run again after a big race. Interesting article on women's heart rate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was probably nice for you to set your feet moving on familiar ground again. Sounds like you were smart and gave your body some time to recover from the marathon and are easing back into the routine. I always find a little time away is not only good physically but also mentally. It keeps us fresh! Memorial Park looks so pretty. Are the leaves really still green??? Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, HappyTrails, it's nice and green here! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was just going to ask you how long should i wait to run! so two weeks... i'm going to go nuts! great articles. i love avacados! mmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kate, since I've kept a journal and know what's worked before (not that it will work again for sure, but it might) I'm comfortable with running soon after the marathon. I wanted to quickly get back to running because I'm training for the Houston marathon in January.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt