This & That


I received a package in the mail because I follow ClifBar on Twitter. I was only expecting the bar and... 100 calories and 4 bites later... It's good. I ate it just now so that I could tell you what I thought. Oh, what I'll do for my blog! I was surprised to also receive strawberry ShotBloks, which I know are chewy, but good, and their "new formula" strawberry gel, which I haven't had before. (Update: like the gel! Tastes like jam.)

I hope I can run enough miles to need a gel soon. I had a great six mile run with hills at the beginning of the week, but then I had to cut a couple of runs short because my right ankle hurt. Today I was so glad to run almost 4 1/2 miles before it bothered me, so it's improving.

Yesterday I bought some cranberry juice so that I can add it to my fruit smoothies. Need more breakfast ideas? Lately, I've been eating wheat toast with honey or oatmeal with lots of toppings before I run.

Houston runners: run with Luke's Locker from the Gray Street running store and get a 15% discount on many items.

Comments

  1. That is a serious shot of motivation.

    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be thrilled to get a package like that in the mail!! Great mail day.

    Hope your running will get back to where you want it to real soon :) Healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot- I like your header photo! Is that near where you live, or maybe from a race?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found my header photo online at a header site. I wish it was a picture of my neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shot bloks in strawberry! That's what I use for all of my long runs... thought I can't eat multiple of them at the same time, so I eat one block every 2 miles on my long runs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting mail...especially mail filled with a shot of motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love the free running stuff!! Hope the gel flavors work for you!! I tend to eat the standard oatmeal with peanut butter and a banana before a long run - seems to work and I hate to try something else and it upset my stomach.

    10.5 weeks to Houston...times flying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh maybe I'll get a box! I "won" a bar following them on twitter too...time to start stalking my mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so neat! i tried the cliff shots at the MCM. never had them before and i grabbed a few at mile 12 when i was cramping. i took one at mile 16 and 20 and LOVED them! they went down soooo smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool stuff arriving by mail is the best

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goody boxes are awesome - especially from an outfit like Cliff! Their bloks are definitely good - the Margarita is triple salt for hot weather runs, in case you never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow Clif Bar on twitter too and am expecting a free bar, wonder if my package will be as wonderful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love shot blocks!! Glad I found your blog I am loving reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Just read your recap of Big Sur Marathon. I would love to run that marathon, I've heard it is such a scenic race. The picture of Bixby Bridge is awesome, what an amazing vista that must have been! Good luck on your marathon in January.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We used to love shopping at Luke's Locker. Either the one on Gray or the one in The Woodlands. Unfortunately, we stopped b/c we couldn't justify spending so much more there than we do online. Roadrunnersports or Holabird Sports sells shoes for 20%-30% less plus you don't have to pay sales tax. We still usually stop in Luke's Locker when we're in The Woodlands, but usually just to see what they have and then we find it online for a lot less. I asked them one time if they would price match (hoping they would so I could keep buying local), but the girl kind of laughed at me and just said no. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt