Friday, December 31, 2010

2211 Miles in 2010!



That's the most miles I've ever run in a year. I ran more miles because I trained for three marathons. I ran a marathon in Houston, Big Sur and Denver - the first time I've been able to run three in a year. My husband and I live in Houston and we just happened to be traveling to the other cities for other reasons so I was able to run more marathons this year.

My favorite marathon was Big Sur even though it was my slowest race of the year. I was afraid of the Big Sur hills, since I don't get a lot of practice on hills here in Houston, but I survived the hills and it was a fun trip, coupled with a family reunion and hiking.

I ran 10 miles today in a humid 65 degrees which slowed me down, but the upside was that I was counting off my miles for the year as I ran - 2209, 2210, and 2211. That made it all better! That, and the mint chocolate Gu gel I ate. Too bad it's my last one!

I'd like to eat more healthy foods in 2011. Do you have a favorite healthy breakfast? One of my favorites is a bowl of plain yogurt, Clementines and homemade granola.

Happy New Year! I hope you accomplish all of your running goals for 2011!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on a great year of running!! Can't wait to see what 2011 brings your way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a lot of miles! I have done highish teens but never 2 or more! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You're awesome, Tina! I'm always excited when I get to 1,000.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock! Btw, did you change your picture on your profile? If not, then sorry, I like it anyway. ;) When I visit my mom she makes me oatmeal with walnuts, apples, and wheat germ topped with flax seeds. so yummy and healthy! :) Happy New Year. Hope to read more of your blog in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did update my photo today! That oatmeal sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's some great miles, congratulations!
    Happy New Year, Tina! Was great meeting you in Denver - and mentioning that on my year end blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. breakfast looks delish! my fave breakfast is whole wheat cinnamon raisin toast spread with a little greek yogurt, walnuts, and honey. i think i have the recipe somewhere on my blog... (but it's easy-- 1/2 c. greek yogurt, 1/2 c. walnuts, 2 tsp. honey for 4 servings.) it's so yummy and keeps me satisfied until lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now there's a breakfast I've never eaten and I like raisin toast a lot. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome mileage for the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm as always Tina inspired by your mileage and dedication. I know you will have a successful 2011. I have a similar breakfast but love to use pitted fresh cherries for my fruit topping. I like the new photo also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I just ran across your blog. Congrats on 3 marathons this year and all the miles. Good luck in 2011. Be great today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Tina - Big Mileage in 2010. So what's the plan for 2011? I know you have Houston coming up soon, do you have others in the 2011 line up?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been thinking about running another marathon after the Houston marathon in January. Looked at Kona and Swan Lake in So Dakota, but they could be hot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. dang tina! you run a lot of miles. crazy how it adds up :) i hope you get more mint choc gu in 2011 - i had some the other day, but not while running lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. my dream is to get to 2k miles one year... maybe when the kids are not needing me as much i will, if i'm not too old!! but i'm not giving up that dream/goal!
    congratulations on those miles - WOW!!! that really is so awesome. :)
    and three marathons! amazing! what's so neat is how you managed to stay injury free. praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woa - you are a rockstar! Congratulations on such a great running year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it swear-free!