Chili Recipe

Here's my favorite chili recipe for a cold winter day.

Ingredients:

3/4-1 pound lean ground beef

16-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained

14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes

16-ounce can tomato sauce

2 teaspoons garlic powder 

1 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

Cook ground beef. Stir in remaining ingredients, except for cheese. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese.

Recipe adapted from BHG New Cook Book (1989).

Comments

  1. COLD days and chili go well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want Chili! And it's way too close to bedtime.
    Maybe tomorrow. That's a very easy recipe- I wonder if I use dried beans how much to soak and use.
    Experimenting. :)

    I checked out that article about the icebath/gel/adaptations. Interesting stuff. I wonder what the adaptation/vs. injury prevention pro-con is on waiting 24 hours. Hmm.

    Enjoy the downhill ride for training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks disturbingly good. Might just have to make it tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK- Made it...and used elk burger and cilantro. It was Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ERG, elk burger - now that's something I don't have in my refrigerator! Glad it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmm!! always love trying new chili recipes - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipe. I love me some chili on a cold winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!!! I needed this!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up