Thursday, January 13, 2011

Banana Bread


Here's an easy one-bowl recipe for moist, nutty banana bread.

Ingredients:
3 bananas
1/3 cup melted butter (microwaved)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

I use an ice cream scooper to put the batter in the mini-loaf pans. Either bake 43 minutes in a greased loaf pan or bake 7-8 mini-loaves for 25 minutes like I usually do. It's done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. To freeze, wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag.

Thanks to Simply Recipes for the basic recipe, which I changed a little.

4 comments:

  1. yuummmmyyy! now i have three of your recipes taped inside my cabinet door! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok
    THIS
    looks
    amazing.

    I have three over-ripe bananas staring at me in my kitchen. I'm making these!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! You seem like a great cook! Hope the taper is going well =D I love butter!

    I am going to move my blog soon. Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya'll, I made this and it is soooo yummy! it's a keeper! Thanks Tina! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I'll post your comment ASAP!