US Half Marathon Championships

Trafeh in Blue & Ryan Hall (2nd) in White Singlet
 
Today I cheered for the elite runners in the US Olympic Marathon Trials in Houston. I saw Mo Trafeh (1st place, 1:02:17), Ryan Hall (1:02:20) and Jen Rhines (1st place, 1:11:14, a PR). By the time I saw them, they'd run about 9 miles - fast!  

Rhines, Burla (2nd) & Kennard (3rd) on Memorial 

  When the runners ran away from us, my Weimaraner howled like she does when there's a fire truck nearby. Funny! I guess she wanted to run, too.

1/2 serving of the "Marathon Pasta" $10 

I went to Carrabba's for lunch and I ate whole wheat pasta, chicken, artichokes, red peppers and asparagus. I could only eat 1/2. I'm eating more carbs, but not eating more food than usual.


Rainy day race tip: I wear sunglasses to keep some of the rain out of my eyes. Commencing take-off! Tomorrow! Houston Marathon! 

Comments

  1. how fun to see the elites run. Sounds like you are "carbed up" and ready. I will be racing a 30k in New Orleans tomorrow so I will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you got to see that! That pasta looks so yummy! Good luck on your race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always so fun to see the elites race - sounds like you had a fun day! Best wishes for a fun and fantastic race tomorrow. A brim of a hat keeps the rain out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait to hear how it went!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina I watched them run too and it was SO exciting! What an awesome opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to run like them when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt