From Laughter to Sunshine



I ran the first part of my 12 mile run on Monday with my dog who heard a siren as we were running. Up went her nose in the air. Then she let out a long string of howls while we kept running - made all of us around her laugh.

Wednesday, I ran 7 miles with five 800 meter intervals. I did well on one interval, okay on three of them and would rather forget the other one.

For lunch that day, I had a grilled chicken, onion, feta cheese and tomato whole wheat pita from Zoe's - same name as my dog! That meal inspired today's salad topped with chicken, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, carrots and walnuts.

Today I ran 6.5 miles in beautiful weather - 50° and sunny. O humidity, humidity, wherefore art thou humidity? Nowhere! Oh, happy day!

Comments

  1. Got to love the absence of humidity! Our humidity right now is snow - to the tune of 8 inches! Enough already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lunch time here and I was thinking of skipping lunch but that picture... oh, I am hungry after all.
    Your dog is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your weather. It's going to be zero when I go for my run tomorrow. Too cold! Your lunch sounds fantastic. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what what??!! it's not humid in houston but it's a perfect 60+ degrees? mercy me!! enjoy it while it lasts!!
    wow, that salad has my mouth watering!
    glad to here your runs are going well and you already forgot about the one particular 800! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm, I've got to try Zoe's because that all looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week