From Edinburgh to Aberdeen


We drove from Edinburgh to Aberdeen through Cairngorm National Park in Scotland on Friday. There was snow...


There were castles... I think we saw 4 or 5 - so many castles in Scotland!

Craigievar Castle

Drum Castle
There were cute little towns like Braemar where we stopped for lunch.


Potato Topped with Egg Salad, Salad & Cole Slaw

I ate a baked potato topped with egg salad. I've eaten chicken salad on potatoes here, too. I never would have thought to put those toppings on potatoes. 

Sticky Toffee Pudding
 My favorite food in Scotland was Peckham's sticky toffee pudding. This pretty dish is from Simpson's, but Peckham's had the best - oozing with sweet toffee on a moist date cake.
Edinburgh Castle on the Hill
Before the drive, I ate a currant and cinnamon scone and went for a short run in Edinburgh. I ran along the Royal Mile - the mile from Edinburgh Castle to the Holyrood Palace. Then I ran over to Holyrood Park and down Princes Street, too, with views upward to Edinburgh Castle.

Comments

  1. When I saw your post I wondered where you were now. Love love love your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea for a baked potato!! i'm going to have to try topping it with egg salad or chicken salad! i bet my kiddos will like it too!
    wow, that tofee pudding does look oooey gooey good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love running when traveling. It's such a great way to see and experience a place!

    Your trip just looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week